Following are the requirements for build and runtime:
- MMA (Musical MIDI Accompaniment)
- JACK Audio Connection Kit
- Standard MIDI File format library
- Python >= 2.5
- PyGTK: GTK+ for Python
- GtkSourceView 2.x and Python bindings
On Debian you can install the dependencies by typing (as root):
apt-get install libjack-dev
apt-get install libsmf-dev
apt-get install python-gtk2
apt-get install python-gtksourceview2
You can download the Debian package for MMA here.
Optionally, you can install a GUI front-end for JACK audio server:
Optionally, to play MIDI, download a software synthesizer and sound fonts:
- FluidSynth real-time software synthesizer
- Fluidsynth GUI front-end
- Fluid sound font
Download the latest LinuxBand source code tarball from Downloads section.
To compile LinuxBand, run following commands in the extracted directory:
You can type
./configure --help to see a list of compilation options. After LinuxBand is compiled run:
as root to install it.
LinuxBand is free software and contributions are very welcome.
- Submit the bugreports or suggestions on the GitHub bug tracker here.
- If you are a programmer, fork the LinuxBand project on GitHub, make changes and send us a pull request. Or send your patches per email. The Python code holds the style guidelines suggested by Google Python Style Guide.
- If you want to contribute documentation or changes to this website, fork the LinuxBand project, make changes on gh-pages branch and send us a pull request. You can always send your changes or suggestions per email.
Send your comments and suggestions to Aleš Nosek, email@example.com